• Implemented Carolina Feed the Hungry in partnership with Savannah Feed the Hungry in 2013. The Center provided meals for over 300 individuals during each of the holiday dinners (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
• After-School Programming 3 hours daily, Monday through Thursday. Partnership with Jasper County School District and several Supplemental Educational Service providers as the only after-school site in Hardeeville. Our aim in this program is to increase student achievement across core subject areas to improve standardized test scores.
• Agape Family Life Center has a collaborative relationship with the Low Country Food Bank of Charleston. Established in 2001, the food distribution center became the first food distribution center in this area. This venture serves over 100 families monthly throughout Jasper County. Community volunteers provide in-kind services to services our customer base with an annual operational budget of approximately $2500.
• A South Carolina Office of Rural Health Benefit Bank application module. Residents are able to determine their your eligibility and apply for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly Food Stamps), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) Medicaid and Low Income Subsidy Program through this office. Through this module we are also able to assist community residents with preparing their taxes during individual appointments and tax clinics.
• Partnership with the University of South Carolina Beaufort to provide the practice site for their collegian basketball team.
• Partnership with Coastal Derby Empire, LLC to provide their practice site for their roller derby league.
• A fully equipped fitness center and regulation sized gymnasium for basketball and volleyball.
• A summer camp (Camp FUNkedemics) was held in 2008 and 2009 and provided 40 children a safe and positive environment for a total of eight weeks. This camp was the only summer program available in the southern area of Jasper County and included collaboration with a professional sports camp based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
• The Center works in partnership with the Jasper/Hampton Adult Education Service to provide the facility for a GED Preparation Course and English as a Second Language Course.
• Coordinated with JCNU and area residents to provide emergency home repairs, i.e. roofing, flooring and when possible, offered financial assistance for utility payments.
• Collaborated with the TCL Small Business Partnership Coalition and Fast Trac© Program for entrepreneurs to attend “New Business Venture” training sessions designed to improve their business strategies and learn what professional opportunities are available.
• Community Roller Skating Events each month.
• Conference & meeting rooms with presentation, internet and WIFI capabilities designed for small business owners to conduct their business operations.
• Networked Computer Lab and WIFI Capabilities open to the community.
• 2011 Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) participant with the United Way of the Low Country.
• Group Facilitator for Parents Anonymous of South Carolina, a weekly group for parents seeking assistance, hope, strength and support in their parenting role.
• Gymnasium and multi-purpose room that can be used for parties, receptions and other social settings.
• Adult Literacy Program designed to offer educational tutorials and classes in basic computer skills. Our objective is to provide professional development that promotes family literacy.
• Family Assistance Programs and Senior Citizens Activities, which will focus on life-skill enrichment workshops and support services, i.e. finances and credit repair, home budgeting skills.
• Image Consulting and Resume Writing Program for residents seeking employment.
• Banquet and catering facilities
• Youth Mentoring Programs
• Conference room furniture and other office/classroom furniture and equipment
• Book shelves for library
• Ice maker
• Two door refrigerator
• Three door freezer
• 2 Low-rider buses for transporting students enrolled in after-school tutorial
• Upgraded septic system which will support fully operational kitchen activities
• Additional funding for food purchases to enhance our emergency food pantry
Event is the last Saturday of each month from 10 am to 12 noon. Next event is Saturday August 30th. We provide fresh produce and other food items to over 125 families each event. The food pantry opens Monday - Thursday from 12:00 to 2:00 pm. Each month we serve over 450 families.
© Agape Family Life Center, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Grove Designs